Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Seriously NBC, WTF?

Just in case NBC didn't make big enough asses of themselves with the whole CoCo v. Marginally Funny Giant Chin Doosh (obviously, I'm with Conan), they decided to have probably one of the most absurd feasts possible in honor of Black History Month. Just in case you think I'm exaggerating, here is a picture taken by QuestLove that he posted on his twitter earlier today:


This is just unbelievable. The only way this could be more offensive is if they were more specific about the "Fountain Soda." You know they meant Purple Drink. Also, no watermelon? Don't half ass it NBC. If you insist on marginalizing Black culture during a month when we are supposed to be celebrating their contribution to our society, go all out. Also, you're NBC don't be so cheap. Throw in some spinners, lottery tickets and a free Jay-Z CD.

This doesn't read funny either. I would love to think it was just a some-what inappropriate joke, which I'm always a fan of. Hell I would have applauded it if they had just put something like "haha," "lol" or "just kidding" on there somewhere. That's always been the purpose of humor and comedy in my opinion. To level the playing field for everyone by making fun of everything. I subscribe to the South Park approach.

So as I see it, NBC doesn't like Redheaded Irish Catholics and think very little of Black History Month to say the least. I'm just waiting til someone posts a picture of the new sign outside the NBC lot. I imagine it looks something like this:


 


Maybe they just missed the memo but I was told by some pretty reputable sources that racism was over. I thought we were living in post-racial America now. Get with the times NBC. This is actually starting to make some sense. NBC fears change. Shit-Canning Conan in favor of the old, reliable, comfortable, albeit not as funny Leno. Sticking to antiquated stereotypes regarding African American diet.  Get your collective heads out of your asses! Its cute when grandparents hold onto the old ways to an inappropriate level but you're NBC not my Nana. So, I leave you with this:


Write On,

Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment